Conférence de Jocelyn Maclure
Dans le cadre de la conférence 2018 de l’International Association for the Philosophy of Death and Dying (IAPDD)
Date et lieu
vendredi 10 août 2018, 10h15University Main Building, Uppsala University, Suède
IAPDD is a global organization of nearly 200 scholars interested in the investigation of philosophical questions surrounding death and dying, including (but not limited to):
- the metaphysics of death, including personal identity, criteria for declaring death, etc.
- the possibility and/or desirability of immortality
- death as a harm or benefit
- death and life’s meaning
- reactions to death and dying (e.g., grief, ars moriendi and the ‘good death’)
- philosophical implications of death-related technologies (e.g., life extension, cryonics)
- ethical controversies related to death (suicide, organ donation, etc.)
- clinical and biomedical issues related to death and dying
IAPDD’s previous conferences were held at California State Polytechnic University in November 2014, and at Syracuse University in May 2016.
The next conference will be held in August 2018, in Uppsala, Sweden.